Do's and Don'ts
- Place all garbage inside your container. Recycle as
much as possible to leave room for garbage in the cart. The
automated system cannot collect garbage or recyclables set out
in other cans that are not City approved.
- Only put acceptable trash/garbage items in your green
container, no All garbage MUST be bagged and properly secured so
that contents do not spill out.
- Roll your cart to the street and place it with wheels
against the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your desig-nated collection
day. The green container must be properly closed with lid
- Leave at least five (5) feet of clearance on both sides and
top of your Green bin so that the me-chanical arm can collect
- Remember to bring in the cart by 10:00 p.m. on collection
day to avoid a citation/fine. Please store the container on a
safe place to avoid theft.
- Do Not place trash outside the container in trash bags or in
other containers. The system can only collect the garbage in the
- Do Not place Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil,
gasoline, household cleaners, etc) in green container for pick
up. These are accepted at the Home Chemical Man-agement plant,
call 311 for more information.
- Do Not place rocks, concrete, sand, dirt or any construction
materials inside the container.
- Do Not place hot materials such as charcoal in cart, it will
damage and melt the plastic cart.
- Do Not place trash or garbage in the recycling cart as it
will contaminate the recyclables.