Do's and Don'ts
Trash is: the word "trash" shall mean garden, tree and shrubbery trash that is too large to be bagged,
bundled or containers, and other accumulations of a nature other than garbage and bulky waste as defined
herein which cannot be bagged, bundled or containerized for weekly collection.
- PAPER PRODUCTS ex. cereal boxes, gift
boxes, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, printer
paper, copier paper, mail, all other office paper without wax
- CARDBOARD ex. packing boxes, corrugated
cardboard; flatten all boxes prior to placing them in your cart
- PLASTIC CONTAINERS (narrow necks only) ex.
bottles milk, water, detergent and shampoo containers (without
caps or lids)
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE CARTONS Without straws ex.
polycoated drink boxes, juice cartons, milk cartons
- GLASS UNBROKEN Only clear. Brown and green
unbroken glass bottles. ex. glass food & beverage containers
- METALS ex. aluminum & steel food and
- ELECTRONIC WASTE AND ACCESSORIES ex. PCs,
monitors, televisions, printer cartridges, keyboards, cell
phones, home telephones, radios, speakers, CDs and DVDs, and CD
and DVD players
- MEDICAL WASTE AND PHARMACEUTICALS ex.
prescriptions, syringes, biohazard/medical containers. Miami
Dade County has various locations to dispose of syringes and
sharp medical waste. Please contact 311 for a location near you.
- GARBAGE OR OTHER NON-RECYCLABLE WASTE ex.
household garbage (food), cylinders, propane and oxygen tanks,
rocks, dirt, construction debris, flammables, yard and tree
trimmings/clippings, bulky trash
- PROHIBITED PLASTIC ex.
plastic bags, Styrofoam cups, plates and food containers, meat
packing trays, Styrofoam egg cartons, plastic silverware
- HOME CHEMICALS ex. paints, pesticides,
aerosol cans, engine/motor/ oil
- CERTAIN GLASS PRODUCTS ex. window or auto
glass, incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs, mirrors, glass
cookware or bakeware, ceramic
- BATTERIES ex. dry cell batteries, lead acid
batteries Other Non-Recyclables ex. coat hangers, small
appliances, microwave trays, cooking pots and pans